POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Gift wrapping..... : Re: Gift wrapping..... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 12:18:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Gift wrapping.....
From: Josh English
Date: 2 Jan 2001 11:19:25
Message: <3A51FFBF.89A0A30A@spiritone.com>
The English word is "ribbon" and you can make simple ones by making a spline,
then duplicating the spline and sliding it away from the first spline, then
connecting the two with triangles.

My bezier.inc file can do this in a very limited way:

http://www.spiritone.com/~english/cyclopedia/include/bezier.inc

And you would want to create a simple bezier spline by creating an array of
four points

#declare RibbonA = array [4] { 4 vectors }
#declare RibbonB = MoveSpline(RibbonA,some vector)

ConnectSmooth(RibbonA,RibbonB)

Please feel free to ask me questions, since my code is not yet commented
(I've been trying for a year or so to do that...)

Josh

--
Josh English -- Lexiphanic Lethomaniac
eng### [at] spiritonecom